Top Ten-Thankfulness


Stafford hopes you have a "super" day!!!


If you know me you know I like "top ten" lists.  In honor of November and Thanksgiving here are the top ten things I am thankful for in no particular order.

10. Reading-This is super dorky but I don't care.  I am SO thankful that I can read, that I like the read and that I get to read.  I love books!!  I am thankful that I get to read whatever I want and that I actually have the time to read. 

9. My Family-I am blessed to have an amazing family on all sides.  I love my husband, my son, my parents, my in-laws....I really feel like I have one big happy family!!  I am thankful that Stafford has cousins on BOTH sides of the family since I grew up with none!  I am thankful for wonderful sisters and brothers in law who are fun to hang out with and who care about me and love me!  I am thankful that Stafford has 4 grandparents and 5 great-grandparents.  I am thankful that after Thanksgiving he will have met all of them!  I am thankful that I love spending time with my family.  I am thankful for family!!

8. Color- I am thankful for color.  I love colors.  I love a box of newly opened crayons.  I love going to the beach and seeing 10 shades of blue at once.  I love wearing bright colors.  I am thankful I can see color!

7. Cheese- I love cheese.  I am thankful I can eat cheese although I probably shouldn't eat so much :)

6. Music- I am thankful for music.  I am thankful for the ability to produce music and the ability to listen to music.  I would have a hard time choosing between music and color because they are both so important to me so I am glad I get to enjoy both. I am thankful for artists who make beautiful, uplifting music.  I am thankful for the way words change when they are set to music.  I am thankful that music speaks to me.

5. Cooking-  I am thankful for the ability to cook.  I don't always do it well but I am thankful I have the time and energy to try new things.  I am thankful that I have a husband who will eat anything I make even if it isn't that good.  I am thankful for the creative outlet that cooking provides while I stay at home with Stafford.

4. Stafford- Ok I know Stafford counts as family.  But since he is SUCH a new part of my life he gets his own number.  Hey, it's my list, I can do what I want!!  I am SO thankful for this sweet gift.  I never, ever knew that I could feel so strongly about such a little guy!  He is so special to me and already makes me laugh and smile all day long.  I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy and healthy little boy.  In the middle of blowouts, middle of the night feedings, crying or anything else I remind myself of how blessed I am to have this baby.  Plus he's pretty cute too!!

3. Peter-  Ok I'm cheating again but I can't help it.  How can I not give such an amazing man his own category?  I could go on and on and on about how wonderful he is and how thankful I am for him!  He is the BEST husband and I always tease him that he was created just for me. (That's actually just me trying to make myself feel better for being older.)  He compliments me perfectly and we are a great team.  So super thankful for my husband!

2. Friends- This list is getting pretty predictable (except for maybe the cheese) but it would be incomplete without my dear friends.  I feel so blessed to have the friends I have.  Both old and new, near and far, they are the best!  They are supportive, loving and challenge me in many different ways.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without the positive influence of many dear friends.

1. Grace- I am thankful for the concept of grace.  I am thankful for second chances.  I am thankful that other people extend grace to me and that I can choose to extend it to them.  I am thankful for God's grace, ultimately resulting in my salvation and hope for eternity.  I am thankful that God allows us to employ this HUGE concept on a small scale.  It gives deeper meaning to the grace He extends to me.

Well, there is my list!  It's pretty predictable but that's ok.  I'm predictable on occasion, right?  I encourage you to be THANKFUL not only this month but all the time.  If your glass is half empty it's time for a refill :)  Find encouragement from your friends, family and faith to be thankful!!  I think you'll find it will change your outlook and attitude and it will make life just a little more super!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts