Our First Date

I remember this day just like it was yesterday!  It's hard to believe that on February 20th it will have been five years since our first date. 

Peter and I had been hanging out with a group of friends for about 6 weeks or so.  Because of his erratic schedule we didn't have a chance to see one another very often.  And he always came to every event with one of his friends.  No one has his phone number so I not so slyly emailed him and told him what our  plans were for the weekend and invited him along.  Now he knew about our plans and he had my number!

I usually don't answer numbers I don't recognize so I'm not sure what prompted me to answer a 423 number that Monday morning but I'm sure glad I did!  Peter called and I not so smoothly told him that of course I didn't have any lunch plans.  I think that was one of the keys to the success of our relationship.  We didn't do any game playing.  I didn't try to flirt with other boys to make him jealous.  He didn't wait a certain number of days to call me.  We were very open and honest and it worked!

Our lunch started with a trip to Gerald's to get me a new tire.  Peter also brought a book for me to read that he thought I would enjoy.  Talk about the key to this girl's heart!  We ate an extended lunch at Panera in West Ashley and  Allison G. texted me multiple times throughout asking if I were STILL at lunch.  After lunch we took a walk down at Waterfront Park and I think I got home around 5:30.  Just a short little first date!

When I got home that night I walked up my stairs (I had a second floor apartment) and screamed rather loudly.  I was SO sure that he had heard...since he walked me to the door of course!  But I was so happy I just had to scream.  I knew after that day I was finally dating my husband...and that made it the best first date ever!!



Now tell me about your first date!  Was it funny?  embarassing?  sweet?  I can't wait to read your stories!!

Comments

Popular Posts