Grill Week?

Oh the best laid plans.  I was pretty excited about all of the recipes I chose from my Better Homes & Gardens grilling cookbook.  I even went so far as to write down what we were having each day of the week just like my Mother has done for the last 30 years.  I am my own worst enemy!  Even when I try to plan ahead I never get it right! 

Regardless we have grilled out at least ONCE this week so I have 2 yummy recipes to share with you.  The first is super yummy because it includes one of my favorite foods on earth-goat cheese.  I seriously want to get a goat so I can just make my own cheese.  We could feed the goat all of our leftovers and then I wouldn't have to spend money on goat cheese.  Plus we'd be that weird couple that has a goat.  I'll have to talk to Peter about this one.

I digress.  You must try these chicken sandwiches!!

Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese Spread

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (yum!! favorite ingredient #2!!!)
2 T. olive oil
1 T snipped fresh rosemary (if you don't grow your own you should start!)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 10-12 inch loaf of foccacia bread
1/4 cup drained sundried tomatoes (reserve 1 tsp liquid)
4 oz goat cheese (also called chevre on the package)
1 t. snipped fresh rosemary

Pound your chicken out until it is about 1/2 inch thick.  Make sure you wrap it in  plastic wrap first, otherwise you'll have raw chicken all over the place!

Place chicken in a ziploc-type bag with the vinegar, olive oil, rosemary and garlic.  Marinate in the refrigerator of at least 2 hours.  Drain chicken and discard the leftover marinade.  Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper.

Grill chicken!!  Slice your foccacia and grill that too-but not too long or it will burn!!

For your goat cheese spread place all ingredients in the food processor and process until nearly smooth.

To serve place your spread on on the bread and top with chicken, sliced red onion and spinach.  YUM!!




In order to balance out all of the bread & cheese I paired this with a grilled acorn squash.  This one is easy!

Fire Roasted Acorn Squash

2 small acorn squash
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T melted butter
2 tsp snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon

Cut squash crosswise into 1-inch rings and seed.  Combine the oil, salt and pepper and brush over the squash rings.  In a small bowl melted the butter and stir in the tarragon.  Set this aside.

Grill squash rings for about 30-45 minutes or until tender.  Turn the squash occasionally and begin brushing it with the butter mixture after 25-30 minutes of grilling.


Grill week will just have to continue next week.  I hope you'll enjoy these two recipes as much as we did!!

What's for dinner at your house this week???  Remember, if you aren't a follow please click the "follow" button at the top right hand of your screen.  Thanks!!


*linking up with Itsahodgepodgelife and simply designing

Comments

  1. YUM! Wish I was at your house for dinner! This sounds so fancy! I'd definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummie!! Found you through It's a hodgepodge Friday are following you now. :-) Feel free to check out our blog at http://helpfuldaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! And I love goat cheese. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts