Reality Prevails

It's been embarrassingly long since I've posted with any regularity on my blog.  I love blogging.  I love how it has connected me with old and new friends.  I love that friends and family across the globe can keep up with our lives and what is going on with us.  For some reason after our move in July I stopped having the motivation and creativity that I felt like I needed to blog.  I had to give myself permission to take a break because I really do enjoy it but for a while it was just too much.  Add to that some major life changes and it's left this blog tilting way too far into the reality category.

When I thought of the name Storybook Reality I thought about sharing how our lives unfold.  To some it is just reality but to me it has always seemed like a storybook.  When I think of my own story I've always thought of it as a love story that has a "to be continued" at the end.  Hopefully our love story never ends!  But it does change.  There are moves, job changes, illnesses, pregnancies, sleepless nights and lots of other things that steal away our time and try to change our storybook into reality.  I think I've given in to the reality as of late and I'm praying that 2012 will be a renewed sense of storybook for me.

Don't get me wrong....we're still enjoying our love story.  We've just faced some interesting family circumstances this year that have been major stressors.  Add a cross country move to spending multiple months on different continents, a busy toddler and a baby on the way and you might be able to imagine why I've let the reality rule.  Thankfully reality isn't a bad place at all!

We're thankful this year to be spending the holiday's with family.  And we are definitely looking forward to this new year!  It's going to be full of our version of Storybook Reality!

Can't wait to get a great picture of me and my THREE guys sometime in May 2012!!

Comments

Popular Posts