Looking for Joy

I've been linking up on Friday's with Rachel.  Each week we're supposed to talk about what is making us joyful that week.  I have to admit this week I've had to "look" for the joy and joyful moments a little more than usual.  I'm pretty tired and super ready to wake up next to my sweet husband again.  For some reason for the first time this week "the end" seemed just too far away.  Regardless here is what is making me joyful this week...

TRADER JOE'S

I have some friends that are obsessed with this place.  I can't say I think I'll reach that level but they do carry my favorite snack food Snap Pea Crisps!!  I haven't been able to find them anywhere else here so this makes me super happy!



Oh my word!  I have no words to describe the fabulousness that is contained in this small cardboard carton.  Seriously. It is THE best ice cream I've ever had  in my life.



I was THAT Mom the other night and I'm not embarrassed  to admit it.  We went into the grocery store because Mama wanted/needed some chocolate. Little Guy saw Cheerios so we had to pick up some of those and when we went to check out he saw the TRUCK!!!!!!!!! (I had to put it in caps with that many exclamation  points because that is what it sounds like when he says it).  He climbed in and instead of fighting him to get him out I pushed him around the store for about 20 minutes.  I  have to say I'm pretty thankful because walking around the store is how I found the amazing ice cream above.  Regardless I think we've find our new rainy day activity!



I have two dear friends that leave epic phone messages each time they call.  They know they do it but it's like they just can't help it. I got one from one of them a couple of weeks ago so I jokingly challenged the second friend to see if she could top it.  Wow!  Not only did she call and leave a crazy long message, the whole entire message was sweet and encouraging and helped me get through one of those "I don't feel like I can make it" kind of nights.



I *think* I've decided on a name for Baby Boy number 2!  I've shared it with Peter and of course he has to think about it.  He also said he needs to look through a baby name book.  What??  We have 21 days between his supposed return date and baby's arrival date. And that is if baby boy comes on his due date!  Personally I think we need to decide before then.  But he asks me for so little.  He might be getting a baby name book in the mail in the near future :)


How can I not be joyful when I look at this Little Guy?  He is super excited about playing "shoutshide" as often as possible.  AND he has on his awesome shoes that have "boos" (cows) on them.


This picture says more than words.  Why you ask?  Because this little escape artist is now tall enough to pull the handle of a door.  So you know he thought it would be fun to escape from a house where we were having lunch this week.  And thankfully Mama realized she hadn't seen him and went to the other room to check.  What did I find?  A front door wide open and this Little Guy running  down the street shouting TRUCK!!  Thankfully he did not make it to the main road.  Phew!  

So as you can see even though I've had to look for it.....there are lots of reasons to be joyful around our  house!


**Linking up with Rachel, Courtney, Darcy, and Jennifer

Comments

  1. Love the post. So cute. I remember when my oldest learned to work the door. We put a hanging alarm on the door knob so he couldn't sneak out. He quickly learned to reset it. One morning I woke up at 6:00, I opened the blinds, and there was Patrick across the street. He had let himself out and gone to investigate the neighbors garden. We had to put the alarm up at the top of the door. Houdini's mother didn't have it as rough as me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get your name! With Samuel we decided on his name the MORNING he was born. I can't wait to hear it!

    And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who loves snap pea crisps. Yummy!

    Thanks for linking. Blessed.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you just cruised around in the truck trolly for a while with your little one. i did that once too. levi was probably around 16 months and it just wasn't worth it to have a big ordeal in the store. (i was also pregnant at the time, and overseas without my husband.) needless to say, he LOVED it. what is it about boys and trucks??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like this that remind me that there are things EVERYWHERE to be thankful for. For me...it's those little mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream cups I can get at our commissary, having a workspace in our house that lets me watch our son play in the backyard when it's nice out, and post-it notes. They seem to make everything easier. :)

    Thanks for linking up this week. Your little guy is TOO CUTE for words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts