Mixed Berry Cobbler


It's nice to have a couple of "go-to" recipes for each course. I have a couple of appetizers, salads, main courses and desserts that I've made enough that I don't need the recipe in order to shop.  This is one of my favorite desserts.  As usual it is both easy and yummy!!

Mixed Berry Cobbler

12 oz mixed berries (I use the frozen packages)
1/2 stick unsalted better
1/2 cup self-rising flour**
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

**if using all-purpose flour add
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat your oven to 350.  Thaw mixed berries and strain the excess juice.  In a small mixing bowl blend flour, sugar, vanilla and milk.  Set aside.  Place the butter in a small loaf pan and place it in a hot oven for 1-2 minutes or until melted.   Add the berries on top of the melted butter and then pour the sugar/flour mixture overtop.  Return the loaf pan to the oven and bake 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

This is best served hot with a little bit of vanilla ice cream.  You can double or triple the recipe and use a different size pan, just watch to make sure you aren't burning the crust.  You can also try different types of berries or frozen fruit.  I've used rhubarb and strawberries as well as peaches!  The nice thing about using frozen fruit is you should have most of these ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry without shopping!

I hope you enjoy this yummy cobbler!

** If you are a faithful follower or a new reader there is something you need to know!  Google is discontinuing it's "Google Friend Connect" program for any blogs that aren't hosted in Google.  That doesn't change my blog now but would you go ahead and follow us either on facebook or via email?  It will make sure you keep updated on our little version of reality no matter what!

Comments

  1. yum!! we just had a variation of this at bunko on Tuesday...all the women raved about it!! bet your is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    I just love your Cobbler, I like the idea of using the mixed fruit. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful looking cobbler
    I just loooooooooove the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of all kinds of cobbler and I love the idea of mixed berries. I ma a new follower visiting from The Girl Creative. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds simple and delish. I love any type of berry dessert. Will try it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last week when we had a couple of friends over for dinner. Oh my GOODness this was delish! Thanks so much for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this recipe! It tastes great and came out looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts