Take Jesus

My in-laws bought the Little Guy a Little People nativity set for Christmas.  I didn't have room in my suitcase or the THREE boxes of things I shipped home when we came back in February so I was happy that we had room to take it when we came back from this vacation.  I was planning to get the set out a little closer to the holidays as a fun surprise but as I was cleaning he found it in the back of the closet.

After our lunch today we went upstairs to take a nap.  As he was running into his room he said "Take Jesus, take Jesus" so I let him take a nap with the Baby Jesus figurine.

And then I started thinking.

Maybe I should start taking Baby Jesus with me everywhere I go.  A few weeks ago there were a number of posts about the movie Magic Mike and the book 50 Shades of Grey.  Christians and non-Christians alike were telling why they would or wouldn't be seeing or reading.  They were telling other people why they should or shouldn't be seeing or reading.  And they were bashing each other for disagreeing.

I've decided I need to stop reading the comments on blog posts or articles.  That is where things really get down and dirty.  People attack one another behind a computer screen in a way that I don't think they'd be comfortable doing in public.  It drives me crazy.  They often attack with misspelled words and bad grammar and that makes me crazy too!

Anyway...back to Baby Jesus.  Maybe things would be a little more black and white (instead of grey) if we all carried him in our pocket.  It might help us decide what movie to see or what book to read.  It might help us avoid using certain language or gossiping about a friend.  It's a little less obnoxious than a trendy WWJD bracelet.  And hey, those Little People aren't exactly little.  You wouldn't be able to forget that you had Baby Jesus in your pocket!

I don't know that I'm going to start doing this.  But it is something to think about.  I really should be taking Jesus everywhere with me.  I mean, He goes regardless.  But if I am going to claim to be a follower of Christ, I should be considering him with all of my thoughts and actions.

From the mouth of my baby....."Take Jesus!"

I Corinthians 3:16--Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you

Linking with Shell today!

Comments

  1. I love this! Not too long ago, my 3yo offered his Little People Noah a car to go check on his animals. Even if it wasn't biblicaly correct, I appreciated the sentiment of him wanting to play-help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy how people start attacking each other over these things, isn't it? Instead of just being able to state their opinions, it seems to always turn hateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. I think I am going to go find baby Jesus. It's never too early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute story and idea. I agree with you, I think people should stop attacking each other and think about what Jesus would do. Maybe we should all buy little baby Jesus' to take with us.
    Following you from the Wednesday hop.
    If you get a chance would check out my blog http://nicholsfam.blogspot.com/
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I am not personally religious, I do respect people who are. You are right about the level of discourse though. If we all respected people a little more, the world would be a much nicer place for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great thing to think about. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post. Definitely something to think about. Thank you for linking up with me today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts