Day 24--Singing Songs

It's been on my to do list for months to get some more music.  I got a little CD player last year for Christmas and we listen to that often while we eat breakfast or do crafts.  I bought a Little People CD last year that has fun songs that you might sing in Sunday School.  It's a really cute CD and not annoying at all.  If there is one thing that I don't like it is listening to children (or anyone for that matter) sing off key.  I can't stand it.  So I'm a little picky when it comes to music!

All of the sudden the Little Guy has started singing along with these songs.  I knew we listened to it a lot but still!  I'm so excited!!  I want to instill the love of music in him since it is such a huge part of my life.  But more importantly, I want him to learn the meaning of the worlds he is singing.

Deep & wide....Ephesians 3:16-19
 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Clap Your Hands...Psalm 47:1
Clap your hands all ye people, shout unto God with a voice of triumph

Praise Him....Psalm 113:1
Praise the LORD. Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.

I love hearing his little voice sing these words.  Praise Him.  Hosanna.  Praise Him!

I keep thinking I can't love being a parent even more....but it just keeps getting better and better!


Comments

  1. Hi Laura, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

    Awww, this is so sweet. It's amazing what kids pick up when you don't realize they're even really listening!

    Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the mommy brain mixer this week! Following and commenting from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/
    I hope you'll come check me out and do the same. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love it when they start to sing-a-long!

    Thanks for liking up with Super Sunday Sync!
    Glad you stopped by,
    Hope to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts