Chocolate Chipotle Pumpkin Chili


Growing up I wasn't a huge fan of chili.  I didn't like tomatoes and my Mom would put but chunks of them in her version (sorry Mom!).  As an adult I've learned to like tomatoes so I decided to try my hand at creating my own version.  I wanted it to be paleo friendly as well. (Clearly the sour cream and cheese are optional if you want to stick with paleo friendly food).

Chocolate Chipotle Pumpkin Chili

2 lbs ground beef
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 28 oz can peeled tomatoes, pureed in the blender
1/2 T chipotle chili pepper
1/2 T cumin
1 tsp salt
1 square of 100% dark chocolate
1 can of green chilies
1 onion, chopped

I made this in the slow cooker and it was so easy!  I just dumped everything in and let it cook for about 4 hours.

This was SO yummy!!  The green chilies and chipotle give it just enough kick.  And the chocolate adds just a tiny bit of bitterness that gives it more depth.

If you like a thinner version you can add a couple of cups of chicken broth.

Hope you enjoy this fun spin on an old classic!

Comments

  1. Sounds good I will have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definetly going to make this. Sounds so good.I appreciate you sharing on "I Gotta Try That Monday"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome combination of flavors! I try to incorporate pumpkin in my diet because it's so healthy, but I usually end up making semi healthy baked goods. I love this idea of having it in chili and the chocolate sure doesn't hurt either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm this sounds delicious. I love anything with pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that sounds like one tasty chilli!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts