Guest Posting Today at Mom's Test Kitchen!

Y'all!  I am so excited to be guest posting over at Mom's Test Kitchen today!!  Please check out Jaime's blog for awesome recipes, a link up and fun crafts!!  This week's theme is bread and I'm sharing a fabulous family favorite!!


Welcome to another Monday!!  I'm so excited for this week's theme!!  I am what you could classify as a carb addict.  I love my bread!  I have never understood how people go on the carb free diet.  How do you eat spaghetti without garlic bread?  Or bacon and eggs without biscuits?  Or fajitas without tortillas??  This just does not make sense to me.

Here to get us kicked off is Laura from Storybook Reality & she is sharing an amazing family favorite recipe for a delicious homemade bread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 
Hi!  I'm Laura, the author over at Storybook Reality.  I'm thrilled to be sharing one of my favorite recipes with you today.  I come from a long line of fabulous cooks.  It seems like many of my favorite memories with my family involve wonderful food.  My great-grandmother was no exception.

Mama Thomas lived in an old farmhouse in a tiny little town in Kentucky.  She never learned to drive and fed as many neighborhood dogs and cats as she did people.  I loved visiting her house not only because she was so warm and wonderful but really because she had an outhouse.  A double one.  Yep, that meant two people could use the potty at once.

Mama Thomas was famous for her coconut cream pie, homemade bread and a plethora of other yummy southern dishes.  I remember her most for things she baked.  She always had homemade m&m cookies waiting for us when we arrived and we never left without a slice of pie or bread filling our bellies.

The recipe I am sharing today has pleased generations of food lovers in my family.  I love it because it is easy and tastes amazing!  I've also included a modification to the recipe that includes zucchini and chocolate chips!



Mama Thomas's Banana Bread
1&1/2 cups flour
3 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda


Mash your bananas with a fork.  Mix all the ingredients together and bake at 325 for 50 minutes.

Laura's Chocolate Chip-Banana-Zucchini Bread
3 cups flour 
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
3 bananas
2 eggs
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 small/medium zucchini grated
1 and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
 

Mash your bananas with a fork.  Mix all the ingredients together and bake at 325 for 50 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this family favorites as much as we do!  I've passed on the love for this bread to my 2 year old and he can't get enough!  I guess I'll have to start doubling the recipe!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So now let's party!
Remember this week's theme is Bread Recipes.
The party is open to any and all of your favorite recipes, but only recipes that fit the theme will be featured at the end of the week. :)
Just the reminders:
  • Myself & Laura would love to have you as new friends!! Please take a minute to follow us both via GFC, Twitter, FB, or any other social media you prefer
  • You are welcome to link up any recipe you like but only recipes that are consistent with the week's theme will be featured at the end of the week.
  • Please feel free to grab the button in the sidebar or add a direct link back to the week's party that you are linking up to
  • And finally, go make some new friends ~ spend a few minutes checking out some other recipes that you might want to try out yourself & comment! Everyone loves comments!!
  • Please note that by linking up you are giving permission to use the photos along with a link back to your post in the Mom's Test Meal Mondays Features post & on Mom's Test Kitchen's Social Media Networks

And remember, if anyone is interested in being a co-host for Mom's Test Meal Mondays, please email me at momstestkitchen (at) yahoo (dot) com! I'd love to have you! 

Comments

  1. I love the idea of adding bananas to zucchini bread!

    New follower! Found you on the 'I Love my Online Friends' hop :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts