Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Ok so apparently cauliflower is all the rage and I'm late to the party.  I found all kinds of recipes using cauliflower for a substitute for everything from rice to pizza crust.  It is super hard to stick to my diet right now.  I mean super super hard.  I love to eat.  I love Christmas food.  Did I mention that I love to eat?

Sigh.

So instead of making a pizza crust and then topping it with cheese I decided to try making something else.  I found a couple of recipes and used different ideas from both to come up with these delicious little gems.

During dinner we kept making the Little Guy eat his soup in order to have "bread".  He was totally convinced!

Cauliflower Pizza Bites

2 T olive oil
1/2 head of large cauliflower
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg

You'll need a grater or a food processor to get the cauliflower to the right consistency.  I cut mine into smaller pieces and then processed it in a few batches until I had about 2 to 3 cups of cauliflower.  At this point it almost resembles rice or couscous.

Saute the grated cauliflower in the olive oil until translucent.  Meanwhile process the additional ingredients in the food processor.

Mix the cheese mixture with the cauliflower.  I would suggest tasting your cheese mixture before adding the egg.  If you like the amount of spices you can then add the egg.  If it is not spice enough or you think it needs more flavor at that point you could add additional oregano, parsley, garlic salt, red pepper and or cheese.

Grease a mini muffin tin.  I use an sprayable olive oil.  Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and press it down.  This ensure that the bites will stick together.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with marinara dipping  sauce.  We use Hunt's No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce.  Yum!!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!  The Little Guy seriously couldn't get enough of them!!


Comments

  1. Hmm we've just harvested the cauliflowers from the veggie patch going to pin these, they look scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I enjoy your blog and would love for you to come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-11.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to the party as well, but these may be my first try at the cauliflower fad. I'd love it if you'd share this at my linky party http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Cauliflower just went on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from On The Menu Monday. I'll have to try these. I tried a cauliflower "pizza crust" recently and it didn't turn out very well--too many wet ingredients I think. yours looks like it would work better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza bites and they are low carb and healthy?! I just bookmarked this one! I would love to have you come over to my new Linky Party "Show Me Your Plaid Monday's"
    http://www.pandpkitchen.com/2012/12/02/show-me-your-plaid-mondays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy - they sound sooo good!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks tasty! And sound easy too - I've been wanting to do the pizza crust for awhile but this sound easier. Stopping by from the Share the Love blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for Linking to Show Me Your Plaid Monday's! I am pinning every post that links up to my Pinterest Page for all to see. I hope that you will return each week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing! I love how they are breadless and use cauliflower as the base. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds super interesting! I keep hearing that cauliflower is wonderful, but I keep feeling skeptical. This looks like something I would try though! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday's Table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks good! I've got to try it and share it with my daughter. She always replaces rice with cauliflower. Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh looks so yummy! Visiting from DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a diet friendly recipe!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've made a full-sized cauliflower crust, but never mini. What a fun idea! Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just made a cauliflower soup in my French cooking group. It's on my blog you might enjoy it. I am suddenly interested in this veggie. I will check out your recipe. Please bring it by my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look delicious. I would love to have you share this with this weeks Wednedsays Adorned from Above Blog Hop. Here is the link
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice change from regular pizza. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How great for a gluten free diet. Can't wait to try it. Pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo, those sound good, and easy to make! I just might try this one- my husband is especially fond of cauliflower, and adding cheese makes it even better! Thank for sharing at Meatless Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Laura,
    What a great idea we are going to just love these special treats. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so fun and different!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Can't wait to see what you link up this week. Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for posting this recipe! I might actually eat a vegetable if I make this (and I am planning to...I am on a diet and this looks satisfying without too many caloires). Congrats on being featured by Stephanie Lynn...that's where I found you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts