I Love My Spammers

I recently had to start moderating my comments because I was getting way too much spam.

Spammers make me laugh.  For one, they are almost always anonymous.  It is extremely rare that anyone other than a spammer makes an anonymous comment to that is usually the first way to spot them.

Reading spam comments is just humorous.  They compliment your blog and make it seem like you are the best blogger they've ever come across.  Or they ask you a question about how to make their blog better.  Then they leave you a link to whatever they are trying to spam in hope that you or your readers will click on it.

Here are some of my favorite spammy quotes from the last couple of weeks...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.--Yes because clearly I am a twitter expert

Hi colleagues, its impressive post about education and fully defined, keep it up all the time--I'll do my best

 if truth be told how you're not actually much more well-appreciated than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. --YES!  I'm so happy you think I'm intelligent!! And much more well-appreciated!

Hello to every body, it's my first go to see of this webpage; this website consists of remarkable and really excellent stuff in favor of readers.--Please continue to enjoy my "remarkable and really excellent stuff"

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or 
understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this info for my mission--I'm getting my information from Pinterest.  You can check out the link I included in the post.

Excellent blog you have got here.. It's difficult to find excellent writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!! --That just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who has been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him. .. lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this topic here on your website. --So happy to be the source of your free lunch.  It's such a shame your friend couldn't find out how to DRY STRAWBERRIES on his own!

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with a few percent to power the message house a bit, however other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back--Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll work on the "percent to power the message house" and when you come back you can check it out!


I particularly enjoy the fact that my blog is "remarkable, magnificent and a fantastic read".  Most of these comments were on my post about Dried Strawberries and that makes it even more humorous since my sweet commenters think I "understand so much about this" and appreciate that I "learn their mind".

Next time I'm frustrated about my blog or think I'm struggling to reach my audience I know where to look!!

Hope you got a little chuckle out of my spam mail too!

Comments

  1. Goodness, I know what you mean! Your replies made me chuckle. "I get my information from Pinterest" - ha ha! I had to shut off anonymous comments a while ago, but just turned them back on b/c I'm having a giveaway and didn't want to exclude anyone. Within minutes I had the spammers. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe this post to be remarkable, magnificent and a fantastic read! But seriously I my spam for a laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this cracked me up! I get spam comments like this too, and they are so funny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh those are too funny! I also get some spam once in a while but nothing this funny. Mine are always about buying stupid sunglasses!! Maybe one day I'll get some good spam comment and I'll be able to share it LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a imagingent post. Obviously you have good research. I hope if you can check out my link www.obviousspam.com and all your bases are belonging to us.

    Too much?

    Heidi
    @typativemamacat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found you on the blog hop and LOVE your blog! I am your newest follower and was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog, stay a while, and follow back if you like what you read!



    Have a great weekend,

    Sarah

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I have only been blogging a month and so far it seems i have been lucky as I have only had one spammer, geez something to look forward to then lol i love your replies btw
    I came by via the blog hop and now follow you on GFC, I will leave my link below so you can drop by my blog and follow if you like it.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha oh my gosh I know these sorts of comments well! Would you believe when I first started blogging I was getting more generic spamming comments than genuine ones!

    Great post :)

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts