Easy Cheesy Sweet Potatoes




So normally you don't think of sweet potatoes as a receptacle for cheese.  Butter or brown sugar yes.  But cheese?  No.  But this awesome dish will change your mind!  I found it in a magazine recently and we can't get enough of it!

Cheesy Sweet Potatoes

2-3 large sweet potatoes
1/4 to 1/3 cup cream
2 T butter
2 T goat cheese
handful of pistachios
goat cheese & butter for the top

Peel and dice your sweet potatoes.  Boil until easier mashed.  Add cream, butter and coat cheese and mix with a hand mixer until creamy.

Chop pistachios and sprinkle on top.

I like to add a small pat of butter and a little bit of sprinkled goat cheese to each serving as well.  This dish is beautiful and it is so rich and satisfying.  Plus it is healthier than traditional mashed potatoes (assuming you use cream in those too like I do!).

Enjoy this fun spin on sweet potatoes!

Comments

  1. I love the idea of cheese with a sweet potato! Sounds so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ever would have thought of mixing these things but now that I think about it, it sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts