Hurricane Ridge

Over July 4th weekend we decided to venture into the upper peninsula and visit Olympic National Park.  We were only gone for about 36 hours but we packed in a ton of adventure!  Lately I've been of the let's just do it mindset.  We knew that next year we might end up having a 5th family member (yay!) and so traveling wouldn't be as easy.  Both boys love the outdoors and hiking.  So on a whim we set off.  I think I got the last hotel room left in the entire area.

Our first stop was Hurricane Ridge.  Even though it was July we still needed jeans and sweats for our hike.  It was chilly out!  As you can see there was still snow on the ground.  It's so strange to think of snow being on the ground in July!

All of these photos were taken at various stages during our hike a Hurricane Ridge.


Aww!!


Can you believe there was still snow?


Lots of wildlife


Nothing like mountains to remind you just how small you really are.


Isn't it gorgeous!  


We were so unprepared!  We had to wrap up the Reedster in a blanket!


I loved the mountain wildflowers....especially contrasted against the expanse of snow


My boys!


It was so misty and foggy...hard to get a good shot of the boys and the scenery together.


He loved playing in this big tree. Also I would like to take the opportunity to share about how wonderful potty trained little boys are on hikes.  So easy to take care of business!


The best we could get of the 4 of us!


My buddies.  It is close to impossible to get them both to look at the camera....to be still..and to smile.  


Breathtaking.  The clouds cleared just as we were ready to leave providing some spectacular views.


Perfect day!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness... Washington is such a gorgeous state. This post inspires me to do more hikes... at least before the weather gets even colder & snowier up at high elevations. Lately my husband and I have been driving and hiking along the Columbia River Gorge. Love your photo of the rabbit... it's my favorite thing seeing bunnies in the wild :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts